1. Hi Stuart. Tell us about yourself. Give us your 60-second elevator pitch….
My name is Stuart Richardson. I am a student at Western University going into my third year of green process engineering. I am turning 20 in July and am really excited to be joining True North for my first year as Co-Director of Basketball Camp.
2. Why do you like working at summer camps?
I believe summer camps are a great way to develop new relationships and I enjoy working at them because of all the new and interesting campers and staff I meet from week to week.
3. What did it mean to you to be named the Captain of the UCC Varsity Basketball Team?
Being named Captain of my high school basketball team was a huge honour and testament to my work ethic. Most importantly, I believe it showed my commitment to teamwork and ability to be a leader on and off the floor.
4. What is your most memorable moment as a player?
My most memorable accomplishment as a player was not only making the Varsity team but being able to contribute and make an impact immediately in my first year at the higher level.
5. You were involved in your high school student government. What was it like being a Prefect at UCC and what did you learn about how to be a leader?
As a prefect at UCC, I was able to share my passion for the school and engage students in school life. I learned that by extending a hand to help the younger students, the transition into the bigger school was made easier and students actively got involved and were more confident in sharing and being themselves.
6. Who is your favourite athlete?
My favourite athlete is Ray Allen. He is a true professional and the time and work he puts into his craft is very evident. I admire his competitive spirit and the way he interacts with his teammates on the court.
7. What is your favourite sports movie?
My favourite sports movie is Rudy, hands down!
8. Who is your favourite Mario Kart player?
Toad with the Bullet Bike.
9. If you could have lunch with any 3 people, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I would love to share a lunch with Steve Jobs, Steve Nash and John Lennon. I believe they are all inspiring in their own regard and are pinnacles of dedication and excellence. I would love to pick their brains and understand some of the habits and sacrifices they have made for greatness.
10. If you could order any lunch to camp, what would it be?
This is a very difficult decision as there are so many appealing orders but I would have to go with Pulled Pork Burritos, not exactly sure who delivers them though. Maybe Chipotle?
11. Ranch or blue cheese?
Ranch, no question.
12. Who is your favourite super hero?
13. When you put ketchup on your fries: on top or on the side?
Depends on my mood – usually on the side though.
14. Is a hotdog a sandwich?
Never really thought about this, but I would have to go with yes. It seems to fit the requirements.
15. Why is Basketball Camp going to be so amazing in 2016?
True North Basketball Camp will be amazing this summer because of all the fantastic staff and special activities planned. With the success of the Raptors, there is a real buzz around basketball in Toronto right now. Besides, nothing beats summer camps!